Thursday, June 28, 2012

Wowzer!

No, it's too soon to react to the Obummercare ruling. It's my reaction to the feedback I'm getting for the two guides I completed this week. It's rare in my business to get such glowing AND immediate feedback. It feels pretty good.

I got emails from three of the people participating in the presentation with a Towers Watson client, but this one captures the general consensus:

-----


Wanted to share broadly that we had a very successful meeting today.  Happy led the discussion using both the new Client Configurable Guide and the test site.  The guide is a clean, sharp, concise and easy-to-use document; the highlighting, screenshots and callouts really look nice.  The test site worked perfect (as far as I could tell anyway!).  The clients loved it!

Thanks to everyone who has been working so hard on ESS redesign!  It looks great!!

One small suggestion is to summarize or add a section with the terminology definitions in one place:
Intercept
Accordion
Modal
Modal Popup
Mega drop down
Flyout
Alerts
Worksheet page/tile page
(I wrote the words down as I heard them, as it continues to help me learn the new lingo for my sales demos.)

Thanks again – and please pass this on to all the others that have helped make this happen!

----- 

I included the list of terms because it was something that I had included in my earlier drafts, but reviewers had asked that I remove them because it doesn't fit with their standards. I defended it by saying that I had put them in for my benefit with the idea that, if it helps my understanding, it will help the audience's as well. But it's their manual in the end, so I removed the definitions.

1 comment:

  1. I am not sure how I missed this at the time, but very nicely done Greg! That is a keeper email...

    ReplyDelete