Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Clash of the Titans

I'm a little late getting to this, but I wanted to say that I had a good time visiting with the famn damily at Dave's on Sunday.

MJ and I cooled our heels in Dave's living room until hosts and guests arrived. After ransacking the place and wondering whether Dave had installed any hidden cameras that would incriminate us, we discussed the technological advances that both of us, especially MJ, have witnessed in our lives. It isn't even so much the times we live in, but where we live. There are so many things that the current generation of American kids take for granted, and so thoroughly understand, like Fantasy Baseball, for instance.

I don't know much about baseball, and even less about Fantasy Baseball, but it was interesting watching Dave and Caleb talking baseball and doing some horse trading with their fantasy lineups. Dave tried to pawn off one of his players, but Caleb said, with no little indignation, "He's on the DL!" I think I can speak for Dave when I say that Caleb knows what's what and who's who with baseball.

While I'm on Caleb, we coaxed him into doing some of his impersonations of family members. I can only hope that I'm not part of his repertoire.

Ellie sat in for a couple hands of 500 with Margaret (her partner), and Chad ("The Buzz Saw") and Noah ("The Eye of the Tiger"). She found better things to do, so I took over as Margeret's partner. It was a marathon match, with at least a dozen hands to complete a single game.

The 500 game ended just in time for The Clan to shuffle off to Mankato for Caleb's soccer game. Caleb playing soccer? Who'd a figured? Does Caleb know that soccer does not involve tackling?

One final comment before signing off, I guess Caleb had what I assume was his first schoolyard fight, and it was short and sweet. Apparently some underclassman, a kindergartner, said something to Caleb that he found offensive. Caleb immediately punched the kid in the face...I hear there was blood...and the issue was resolved. Well, not quite. Caleb then turned himself over to authorities and explained what transpired.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice recap of a very nice day. You did leave out the highly competitive game of bocce ball... Ellie emerged victorious. Girls rule, boys drool.

    ReplyDelete