Thursday, June 21, 2012

No Pain, No Loss

Attention: No friends, family, distant relatives, or acquaintances were abused in the writing of this post...aside from me, of course, since it is about my renewed weight-loss regimen.

I am nearing the end of my first week, and I've lost the obligatory 5 lbs. that everybody loses at the outset of any diet. I should settle into a 2 lbs./week weight loss starting next week. I'm following the standard calorie-counting routine and walking up to the 14th floor (the 13th for the non-superstitious) at least once a day. I walk down at least twice for lunch and to go home.

I'm tracking my calories with Lance Armstrong's LiveStrong app for my phone...I was hoping for a supply of complimentary steroids. The Droid version works much better than the one I had on my BlackBerry. The LiveStrong app has a very extensive online food database. I have yet to eat something that I couldn't find for my food log.

I'm surprised that I'm not eating much less than what I was eating before; though I am trying to move more, so I do have those extra calories to eat.


4 comments:

  1. Very nice! I am impressed. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm running into some minor problems with the mobile app. Supposedly, the BlackBerry and Android versions have gotten short shrift from the development team, while the Apple version runs like a dream. Android users on the LiveStrong forums are not pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is not directly related to your capacity to succeed in your new weight loss/fitness regimen however.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nah, it just means that every now and then I have to do a force stop on the app, which is a little inconvenient, but it's not insurmountable now that I know what the workaround is. Most of the problems occur with the reporting features. I've never had a problem entering my calories eaten/burned.

    ReplyDelete