Tuesday, August 28, 2012

218

I've been floating just above 219 for the past two weeks, and this morning I dropped down from yesterday's 220 and blew past 219 to 217.8.

It could be that my continued regimen has broken me past my plateau, or maybe it was my second date last night with Shelley. There will be a third date, and she may even lure me onto plane sometime in the almost foreseeable future...think B.A. Baracus from the A-Team.

Last night's date was a walk around Lake Harriett. I timed it so that we could be on the east side of the lake just as the sun was setting. We finished up at Sebastian Joe's for a scoop of ice cream; she had Ginger, and I had Banama. Did I forget anything?

Shelley's birthday is this Saturday. I'd like to plan something for that, so I don't expect that  I will be going to Tess & Ian's this weekend.

5 comments:

  1. Very nicely done (on the diet/exercise/etc.), and I'm glad things are off to a nice start with Shelley.

    You weren't planning to go to KC this weekend, were you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was not a firm plan, but I was seriously considering a jaunt to KC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had never been to Sebastian Joe's before. It's a nice little ice cream place with some outdoor seating that was perfect for Monday evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mere used to go there a fair amount, I think. I have been there once or twice. Since my tonsilectomy, ice cream doesn't taste the same so I don't eat a lot of it any more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got an email from Jean with the subject, "Flight Attendant". My first thought was, "How does Jean know about Shelley? Is she stalking me?"

    The email turned out to be a joke about a gay flight attendant that Jean was forwarding to her mailing list.

    ReplyDelete