Friday, August 17, 2012

220

Finally! It's taken me two weeks to lose just one pound. During that two weeks I've been bouncing between 221 and 224, despite a significant uptick in my exercise.

  • I am parking even further from my building at work. Round trip is now about 15 mins at over 3.5 mph.
  • Caribou has a shop in the building right next to my new parking ramp. Round trip is almost 15 mins. I make the trip at least twice.
  • I take the stairs whenever I can, with the exception of walking all the way up to the 14th floor where I work. Even though I can do it without stopping for a breath, I'm simply sweating too much for the office.
  • Weekend walking time and distance has almost doubled to a total of 4+ miles, either in a single walk or spread out over both days.
You'd think that would have scored me a bigger payday than one lousy pound, though the clothes have been looser during the past two weeks. I even had to resurrect an old belt  that I abandoned a year ago because I grew beyond the last hole...and my new belt is now too large for me.

Caribou has a new breakfast menu as of this morning. One notable addition, and which I had this morning, is a sausage, egg, & cheese biscuit. It's the real deal...the barista even made a point of telling me doesn't skimp on the calories, unlike all of their other breakfast items with their egg whites, chicken sausage, and turkey bacon.

I  don't have a calorie count on the new sausage, egg, & cheese biscuit, but it is probably around 525 calories, which puts it on par with the Burger King equivalent. It tastes about the same as Burger King's, too.

1 comment:

  1. Plateaus are common. I think that burning off the fat and building muscle mass are important, even if it doesn't match a numbers improvement. Nice job - keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete