Tuesday, August 7, 2012

A New Roof Over Our Heads!

We just learned that my contractor is starting our roofing project today!  He will be building a roof over the old deck.  To refresh your memories, here is my cad drawing of the deal (Visio, actually).  The shaded area below is the new deck that we built a couple weeks ago.  The screened in portion is the old deck.  We have replaced rotten floor boards and taken the railing down in preparation for the new roof.  For Chad and Tara, the floorplan here is pretty close, actually.  There is a narrow stairway that leads up from the door to a loft area above.  In the loft area is another bedroom and a large sitting area that overlooks the lower level. 

The screened in porch will be about 10'x17' and the new deck is about the same size (10'x16.5').  The entry porch area to the left is about 5' wide.



The builder was going to start today (I assume this is still true!), and be done by Friday.  Dave and I are heading up on Thursday night or Friday and Dave's mom is coming down on Friday afternoon to meet us.  On Saturday morning Ellie (Dave's mom) and I will drive to Portage, WI, for the newest Ostrowski's baby shower (Dave's nephew Jake's first born-to-be).  I am not sure what Dave will do at the cabin but I am sure he will miss us!  Maybe he will get the porch screened in?!  Ha!

3 comments:

  1. Not yet! I hope it is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still no word on how my builder is doing but we are heading up tomorrow and will see for ourselves!

    ReplyDelete