Tuesday, September 4, 2012

216

No wonder I felt a few beads of sweat on my brow as I walked the 3 blocks from my car this morning...the humidity is 100%. I hate humidity.

I was 216 on the dot when I stepped on the scale this morning. I suppose that is to be expected after having my heart savagely carved out of my chest by a flight attendant who has flown on to another guy. But I should stop now before I become melodramatic. I would have thought my heart weighed more than 2 lbs. Anyway, that's a total of 19 lbs. since mid-June.

Seriously though, the flight attendant I started dating however many weeks ago is out of the picture. I was going to treat her to a jazz performance last night at the Dakota Jazz Club for her birthday, but she cancelled earlier in the day because she preferred a guy she had met a little before I came on the scene.

Oh well, Oh hell. I have a date with someone else after work today at The Chatterbox. She finally responded after 20 emails asking what it would take for me to stop writing.

"I might stop you go on a date with me."

"I will you stop if I don't?"

"No."

And so there we are.

Greg

P.S. You know I was joking about the emails, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment