Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend!

I had a lovely Mother's Day weekend.  Jon and Mere were home and we went to our first Twins game of the year.  The team even won - but only after a 2 hour rain delay.  Mere took this picture of me, Jon and Dave.

I had a wonderful Mother's Day this year!  MJ, Greg, Tess, Ian, Jon and Mere joined Dave and me at the cabin.  Here are some pictures:


The shoreline was a little flooded/soggy, so we didn't get out on the lake until after MJ, Ian, Tess and Greg took off. We went at about 5:00 though and were out for about 3 hours.  We even made it all the way over to Cross Lake!








The last picture we took as we were getting towed back to the cabin!  We don't know why but we couldn't get the pontoon started after we stopped to fish.  A nice group of men and boys offered to tow us back.  It turns out they knew the previous owners of our cabin ("I've gotten drunk in that cabin many times...").  A little odd, but very happy he showed up.

In the end, by the end of the weekend, we had all caught fish - several right from the dock or shoreline of the cabin!  We ate crappies and sunfish for lunch today!

Happy Mother's Day all!

3 comments:

  1. Mere will be a good provider in a post-apocalyptic world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try and post my pictures from the weekend tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to seeing Jon's and Mere's pictures. I think Jon has a really attractive picture of me in Dave's waders. I cannot wait to see that one!

    ReplyDelete