Monday, May 21, 2012

A Little Mother's Day Follow-Up!

None of these are my pictures, but I have received them from Greg and who?, and thought I'd post them anyway!




Dave and I went up to the cabin on Friday evening and stayed until the torrential rains arrived on Saturday evening.  We went fishing on Friday and Saturday but didn't catch any keepers.  We did get further out on Cross Lake than we've ever been before.  Those are not tiny lakes!  We also mowed and trimmed up the yard and got a few other little projects done.

Then we returned to Eagan where we met Jon, fresh (after his shower) from his Tough Mudder race!  Sunday morning I jaunted over to Jiffy Lube with Jon, got his car tuned up a bit, had a bite of breakfast and he took off back to Chicago.  Dave and I hit Mall of America for a nice little afternoon of Genius Bar at the Apple Store, Buffalo Wild Wings, Barnes and Noble and Sears (we know how to live)!

I hope all of your weekends were nice!

2 comments:

  1. How did Jon do? I commented on obstacle courses elsewhere, so I won't repeat it here.

    One of my most embarrassing races was a challenge from a shot putter on my high school track team...I was a two-miler. Gavin was a heavy guy and definitely not built for speed...neither was I, I guess.

    One day he thought it would be fun to see how he matched up against a long-distance runner in a 100 yd dash. He beat me...easily. He then suggested we tried hurdles since he would have a harder time with them than I would. He beat me again. Finally, he suggested that he'd used the lane with the hurdles and I'd use the one without. As you probably guessed, he beat me again. He did not accept my challenge for a 440.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See what happens when I try to take pictures with people in them? They look like surveillance photos!

    Those people in the top two photos look suspicious.

    ReplyDelete