Monday, May 21, 2012

Droid Razr, to the Maxx

I am now a critter of 4G with my new Droid Razr Maxx. I got an email last week from Verizon saying that I was eligible for $100 off any 4G LTE smartphone if I upgrade early from my 3G DroidX. After some research, I learned that the Razr Maxx rated just as high, if not better, than the iPhone, which I considered briefly. What really sweetened the pot was that the Razr Maxx had been knocked down $100 in addition to the early upgrade discount.

I knew that 4G was supposed to be fast, but I didn't realize how fast. I went back to some of those videos that Ian sent us in the email, and I was able to view them without the frequent pauses to allow the stream to catch up with the video. I went to IMDb to check out some previews of coming movies, and they were fantastic on the Razr Maxx. If it weren't for the fact that I was holding the phone in my hand, I wouldn't have believed it was being streamed...at least not based on my experience with 3G, which I used to think was the cat's meow.

2 comments:

  1. I am not overly thrilled with my blackberry - except that it is free to me and my plan is as well (supplied by work). I believe Mere's iphone is free to her too.

    By the way, Jon has some really cool pictures from his Tough Mudder on Saturday - Post 'em Jon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought my BB Curve and Bold were the bee's knees until the darn trackball on the Bold drove me into the welcoming arms of the Droid X. The only thing I miss with the Blackberry is the physical keyboard. Everything else about the Droids I've had is so much better and faster than Blackberry.

    ReplyDelete