Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Christmas in KC?

I am inviting everyone to spend Christmas in Kansas City.  I've mentioned this to MJ and Chad and they seem to be agreeable...what about the rest of you?  The weather should be milder than MN but still wintery enough to feel like Christmas (I can't guarantee that though, it could be 50 degrees).

Jon and Meredith, you could either fly directly to KC or fly to MSP and then drive down with someone.  I'm assuming the rest would drive.  It's about 6.5 hours from Minneapolis or about 6 hours from Mankato.

We have two guest rooms, one with a queen-sized bed and the other with a twin-sized couch and full-sized futon.  The room with the couch and futon has the benefit of also having a large TV with cable.

For those who would rather be pampered in a hotel, I would recommend the Sheraton - Country Club Plaza, the InterContinental, or the Raphael.  They are all within a half mile of our house, and the latter two are just four blocks away.

Unlike our old house which started feeling really crowded if we had two extra people in the house, this place should be able to accommodate all of us quite nicely.  I'll make sloppy joes for Christmas Eve and the whole turkey dinner thing for Christmas Day.

What do you say?

If everyone would prefer, we are also very happy to drive up to Minnesota.


6 comments:

  1. Sure, I think I can swing Christmas in KC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, I think I can swing Christmas in KC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will see if that works for us. The drive isn't bad and we could even bring an air mattress, but we have not been to Duluth in 9 months and I am not sure what the deal is there yet. I also have no idea what Jon and Mere are doing yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Works for me! I'd love to see KC and Ian and Treetie's new place! I think I'd still fly into MN so I could see friends at home before or after but I'm game :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm probably game. I don't know what makes sense for me to take off vacation wise with the weird Tuesday situation. I suppose I could take Monday off head to MN for the weekend and drive/bus back Christmas night?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's the plan for Thanksgiving?

    ReplyDelete