Thursday, September 20, 2012

Captain, My Captain!

No progress on the weight front...I took a big step backwards last week, so I'm working to get back to where I was before the weekend.

I've got another first date lined up for tonight. We are meeting at the Astor Cafe. I discovered it on the City Pages "Best of The Cities" site, and tonight will be the first time I've been there. If nothing else, these dates are a great opportunity to see more of The Cities.

Her name is Colleen, and she is an Army Reserve Captain. She is also a nurse, a horse trainer/competitor, and amateur photographer.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. I thought Colleen was pretty good in her profile, but in person...WOW! Her picture did her no justice. When I saw her walk around the corner...WOW! Did I mention WOW?

    She is active reserve now, so she is as good as regular Army. Colleen wants to stick it out until she is eligible for full retirement...she hopes to be a Lt. Colonel by then.

    She has two horses, Lance and Cartago. She had planned on Lance being her last horse after he was injured, but then she met Cartago this Spring. She likens Lance to a cross-dressing queen diva, and Cartago to Flavio. She's been with Lance for over 10 yrs, and a trainer-friend of hers once said that they behave like an old married couple.

    I really like Colleen, and I hope to see her again. Among the women I've dated in recent years, I think that she is the one that would fit best into our family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to say "activated reserve" not "active". I just got an email from Colleen, and it sounds like she's up for checking something else off the Best Of list. I hope it's not the Best Tattoo Parlor or the Best Place For Guys To Meet Guys. Best Karaoke might be fun...with enough beer.

    Regardless, the Best Of list might be my new hobby.

    ReplyDelete