Monday, October 8, 2012

What!?

I refuse to accept that MJ and Margaret's Pool Boys are this week's leaders in the Pick 'Ems. More to the point, how is it that I am the sole cellar dweller?

My date last night, a die-hard Packer fan, was amused that my mother and a Brit was better at picking American football winners than me. I think she was also enjoying my obvious distress because I was gloating about the Packer loss. BTW, she says that American football is the only true football in the world, and that soccer is just soccer. I'm just repeating what she said.

Last night's date was a little impromptu. She had just joined Match on Saturday, and I was the first person to write to her. We exchanged a couple emails over the weekend, and after joking about the Vikes and Packers she dropped a subtle hint around 6 pm that she didn't know how she was going to spend the rest of her evening.

Well, I do have a Math minor and am capable of doing simple addition in my head, so I immediately suggested that we meet. We met at Champp's for a drink and nachos, and shared a lot of laughs.

We agreed to meet again, and I've suggested varying live music events during the week. I'm now waiting for her response.

I'm also waiting for the woman I met at The Happy Gnome last week to tell me what her availability is this week so that we can meet again. She's in marketing, and the national sales team for her company is in town, so she's going to be out with them on random evenings during the week.

7 comments:

  1. I am equally distraught over the fact that those two yahoos are ahead of me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, MJ emerged as the winner of last week's picks, though Margaret's Pool Boys is (are?) the overall leader.

    The Packer Fan, Patty, is more interested in being friends, though she enjoys hanging out with me. In fact, we have already made plans to hang out at the MIA on Saturday.

    I had an impromptu date last night at J.J.'s Coffee House/Wine Bar in Eden Prairie. Figures that it would take a woman from Farmington to tell me of such a place that is only two miles from where I live. Faith and I have a second date scheduled for tomorrow night at the Bakken Museum and Sebastian Joe's.

    I finally have a schedule worth tracking on my phone's calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. While my schedule is full, I am not sure it is all that exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Second date with the woman from Farmington last night. We checked out the exhibits at the Bakken museum. It is the kind of place Ken would have liked ~ it has an electricity theme with a bunch of cool gadgets since electricity was discovered.

    From there we went to Tryg's for an appetizer, wine, and conversation. We have a third date tentatively planned for the 22nd.

    I'm meeting Packer-Fan Patty tomorrow at MIA, another woman at BWW in Plymouth on Sunday, and maybe yet another woman on Monday at St. Anthony Main.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yesterday's date is a Bears fan, but her back-up teams are the Redskins and Packers. There was much gloating during our 7 hr(!) date at BWW. It started at the beginning of the Viking-Redskin game and went through the Packer game. Didn't even realize the time had passed until the Packer game ended. Dragging my feet today.

    The date for tonight has been confirmed, and I'm looking forward to having Tuesday night off.

    I always assumed that the women on Match were beating off men with a stick; based on my calculation that I'm normally only getting a 10% response when I initiate contact. I figured that they are too busy meeting other guys to respond to me. To my surprise, these women I've met are meeting fewer people than I am, and that I am the rare "normal" guy among the few they do meet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Had a second date last night in Buffalo with the woman I met on Sunday. We had already been writing and talking on the phone for almost a month before then, but her cafe kept her too busy to meet until Sunday. She's selling the cafe in November and will probably go back into sales after that.

    We have a third date scheduled for Saturday. Her cafe is having a rib feast in Buffalo, and I'll be there to enjoy the ribs and hang out with customers, friends, and family until the feast is over. I already ran into her adult son and her sister's husband last night. They seem like decent guys.

    My contract has been extended into next year. However, I'll be working fewer hours until the subject-matter experts I need to work with finish their current software releases and have more time to help me. In essence, I'm being kept on retainer unless and until another job comes along. I've applied for other jobs, but nothing has panned out yet. I expect that things will get much more interesting once Romney is elected ~ *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete