Monday, January 23, 2012

Sad News Today!

Mary Jo called this morning to say that Steve Koester, husband to Ken's sister Bunny, died from pancreatic cancer early this morning.  Bunny was with him at the time and his kids had been with him last night.  At one point they had thought he might have a couple more months, but in the past couple weeks he had taken a turn for the worse and had been in increasing pain.

Last I heard, they haven't settled on a date/time for the funeral but they are thinking probably late this week.  If it is Friday or Saturday, I should be able to make it and would be happy to carpool with someone; however, if it is Thursday, I have to teach in the afternoon and I can't really get out of that.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if I knew him or not, but I'm sorry to hear it all the same.

    ReplyDelete