Thursday, April 19, 2012

Spring!

I have been remiss in posting!  Here is the tree in our front yard - it is in it's very beautiful full blooming stage!

We are over halfway on the sharing of our home with Treetie.  She has been a good and easy house guest.  Next weekend we get Ian too and we are heading up to the cabin for at least part of the weekend.  It will be fun to have people up there to share the place!  My new well has been dug and tomorrow I go up there to meet the well digger, the plumber and the electrician to get everything hooked up.  So, for those of you who have been worried, we will have running water by the weekend.

Meredith is in Alaska!


5 comments:

  1. The tree looks a lot like my neighbors' right now. Even without my glasses, I can see the colors when I look out my bedroom window in the morning. I'm a little surprised at how long I will wander around half-blind in the morning before I put on my glasses. Once I do, I don't take them off until I go to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should do lasik... Pretty cool to be sighted (except for needing my readers).

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an utter non-starter for me. There are some things that I would never consider, even if they were to extend or to even preserve my life. The current state of my vision hardly falls in the "life-threatening" category. I balk at the possibility of contacts, which are now so commonplace, and yet they are nothing compared to having my eyeball being sliced and modified when I'm satisfied with the results of something as non-invasive as a pair of glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, I have to ask...why did Meredith heed Johnny Horton's advice to head "north to Alaska?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. A freind of hers was going and Mere took advantage of the opportunity to go along!

    ReplyDelete